Let’s support the education of the young and talented cellist Filip (14 years old) at the Purcell School (London) Fund
Filip Daniel Tsochev, who is 14 years old, has successfully auditioned to one of the oldest music schools in the UK - The Purcell School in London. After his successful audition - which earned him an unconditional offer less than 24 hours later - he is set to join a cohort of young and talented students from 23 different nationalities from September 1, 2023. Filip’s enrollment as a Bulgarian student would make the nationalities 24.
With this wonderful achievement, also comes a difficult task. Unfortunately, following Brexit, Filip is unable to take advantage of the UK’s scholarship support for young musicians. Despite that, The Purcell School were kind enough to extend financial support from their private fund, offering to cover 35% of the annual tuition fee. Which leaves his family with the remaining 65%, equivalent to roughly £25,810 (or BGN: 60,000).
This huge sum is not something the family is able to afford, which is why I am opening up this campaign, with a very heartfelt request for support. Filip is an extremely bright, talented and ambitious young man (you can read a little bit about his musical achievements down below), and we so deeply want to give him the opportunity to continue his studies in a musically and academically competitive environment, which can open his door to any stage, a wonderful cohort of teachers and academic advisors, and to take a huge leap when it comes to music composition and advancing his technical skills.
With joy and hardship, also comes hope. And we’re extending a hopeful hand to anyone who may be able to support Filip’s academic journey, in any way, shape or form- big or small. Any support is immensely appreciated.
Here are some of Filip’s musical accomplishments to date:
Filip was born on 8th November 2008 in Sofia, Bulgaria. He first began playing the cello at only 7 years old, after being accepted to study at the National Musical School “Lubomir Pipkov”.
Over his musical career, he has studied under the master classes of world-renowned cello professors, including: Stefan Popov (United Kingdom & Bulgaria), Denis Severin (Switzerland), Anatoliy Krastev (Bulgaria), Michel Strauss (France).
He’s a laureate of many national and international competitions.
Filip was only 10 years old when he made his debut as a solo cellist with the Sofia Symphony Orchestra. He has many Orchestra performances under his belt now, at only 14 years old.
Despite not currently having his own instrument (we have been kindly lent a cello, due to the high cost of the instrument), he donated his very first cello (size ½) to the “Music Over Street” foundation in Sliven.